“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Morning & Evening Skin Care Routine:

I have finally found the perfect skin care routine! To start off i have very oily acne prone skin and these are the products that have worked for me. Ive been doing this routine for quite awhile and have had the best results.


MORNING:
2-3 times a week i will wake up and wash my face with my Up&Up (Target brand) facial scrub for blemishes and blackheads (oil-free w/ salicylic acid). Its comparable to the Saint Ives apricot scrub but half the price and i find I like it better.

On days that i am not using the facial scrub i will use my Aveeno Positively Radiant brightening cleanser ( oil-free,soap-free,hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic). The brightening effect will help diminish the appearance of any acne scarring you might have.

EVENING: 
Every night i take off my makeup with a Equate (Walmart brand)Facial Cleansing Towelette.
Then i take my Purity made simple one-step facial cleanser by Philosophy and my Clarisonic Mia and deep clean my face.These 2 products are amazing together and have changed my skins life.
After washing my face i just apply my moisturizer (Garnier Moisture Rescue) unless im doing a face mask..

EXTRAS: 
Face Masks- 2 times a week i like to do a face mask. I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.Ive been using it for years and i think its amazing at shrinking pores and smoothing the face. I leave it on for about 15 min or whenever it dries, once it dries it stops working.
 
I also really love Lush's Mask of Magnaminty.

Microdermabrasion Treatment- once a week i like to use a microdermabrasion scrub from Skinn called DermAppeal. I only use this on areas i have acne scarring ( jaw-line right under the apples of my cheeks) and Ive noticed my scars have been fading since starting to use this product.

* if you have oily skin i recommend using anything oil-free so you wont clog your pores.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I've just started using the philosophy cleanser, I don't know if I love it or hate it yet! I love the Queen Helen Mint Julep masks, one of my all time favs! Looks like we have a lot of products in common, i like your blog and am now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete