“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr Foundation

I went to Ulta recently and I wanted to try out a new foundation. I picked up the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage foundation. It was around $39.00 I believe.



This is going to be just a quick review because let me start off by saying this foundation is AWFUL.

It's claims:
12 hour wear
oil free
full coverage
waterproof

1. 12 hour wear: I put this foundation on at 7:30 am before work. By 11am my face was oilier then ever and my chin, nose and forehead (where I get the oiliest) were all missing foundation. In only 4 hours this makeup was half off my face!

2. oil free: it claims to be oil-free and it may be but all I know is my face was oilier then normal when I wore this foundation.

3. Full coverage: I would say no way. The shade selection is awful to begin with so the shade I got which was "Ivory 02" was just a little too light for me. When I applied it to my face it felt really nice and light weight which was a huge plus. I noticed right away though that it barely covered my freckles. I will say once i finished applying it and setting it with powder, finished my whole makeup routine I did think it looked decent.


4. Water-proof: Well since it barely lasted 4 hours on my face I can't really see it being that water-proof. I did not throw water on my face to test this out however.

So all in all this foundation really wasn't worth $40 or worth buying really. I plan on taking it back and trying yet another foundation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment